The Cleburne Railroaders are hiring a Head Athletic Trainer for the 2020 season.
- Working with coaches, athletes, and medical professionals to evaluate player condition and create exercise plans
- Speaking to coaches and athletes to set health and fitness goals.
- Designing training and rehabilitation programs for athletes.
- Using knowledge of sports-related injuries to diagnose and treat athletes or referring them to the care of a doctor or other medical staff member.
- Assisting injured players as they heal and tracking their progress towards recovery.
- Maintaining records relating to athlete condition and training, diet, and treatment plans.
- Handling clerical tasks, such as maintaining inventory, assisting with budgets, or restocking supplies.
- Treat and help athletes recover from injury, avoid injury, and/or maintain peak physical fitness.
- Administer first aid to injured players, such as wrapping ankles, fingers, or wrists for support.
- Oversee management and cleanliness of the training room
- Other duties as necessary
- Must have a degree from an accredited institution
- Must be a licensed athletic trainer
- Certification in CPR and/or First Aid required
- Must be available to work Railroaders home and road games, including nights, mid-week day games, and weekends (100 games in 112 days)
- Must be available to work from April 1 - October 1 (flexible on reporting time if conflicts occur with current obligations)
- Must have a passport/be able to travel to Canada
Compensation is commensurate with experience and qualifications.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Please send resume to Josh Robertson at firstname.lastname@example.org.